Tuesday 28 April 2015

The Great Return

Hey Literary bugs! 

So firstly apologies for this long awaited post. Being in my final year in university has been very exasperating, meaning I haven't had the chance to do my second favourite thing after reading. However that will all change soon!  Summer is on its way and so are your weekly posts, and maybe a few more because I have been abate. These past few months have been very informing. My dissertation was about black women and their role in literature so I had to do a great deal of research not only on history but particularly black women in history, I am hoping this information will percolate into my blog. Although this blog began as platform for discussing literature, I am hoping to see it mature this summer into a blog not only interested in postcolonial literature, but a platform which also considers political and social aspects of postcolonial culture. I will also consider African-American literature which although isn't often considered under postcolonial genre, is very closely attached for obvious reasons... for those of you confused I am referring the connotations attached to having a darker complexion. So I look forward to beginning that! 

To direct this blog in the direction highlighted in the latter. Lets begin with Kendrick Lamar's album To Pimp a Butterfly which is a LITERARY MASTER PIECE. Don't forget music is poetry in its own right ... well at least good music. Lamar's album is a legendary piece of work which uses the popular platform of HipHop to educate, which in itself is beautiful, haven't seen that kind of work since Tupac. I hope to do a more detailed piece on his album, but so I don't leave you feeling ravenous for knowledge, attached at the bottom please find a article about his album and a link to his album which you can listen to on youtube.

Lastly, I promise to try my best to abide to each of the 'hopes' stated in this piece, 
Peace and happy reading and listening ! 







F. 

28/04


No comments:

Post a Comment