Thursday 10 July 2014

Absence of postcolonial texts at GCSE level ignores that English literature was always worldly

So, I just found this article by typing postcolonial in the google search bar ! Amazing the gems you can find on the internet. I think this has been an ongoing debate throughout Britain's more integrated years; its a question which I have also found myself asking also whether or not children should be taught about post-colonial literature. I think its an important part of english especially for post-colonial descendants, I think learning your ancestors had a role in something so cultural and majestic would prove detrimental to the mindframe of young british immigrants or children of immigrants. However I do understand that we are in England and that children are taught English literature, should children be not taught about the land of which they stay? Which begs me to question, is it the role of the government to promote world literature or should that role be awarded to the parents  themselves who want to keep their culture alive for generations to come? 

but what's your opinion ?


F.
10/07

No comments:

Post a Comment